My life

It’s my Birthday and I’m partying in the SNOW!

January 19, 2013

Today I turn 23 and I’m at home to party with my family.

Birthday from Healthinspirations.net-1

I’ve been very spoiled with lots of presents and even more birthday kisses. Even Sunny couldn’t resist…

Birthday

I was treated to a delicious breakfast and had these amazing banana pancakes with chocolate ganache that was leftover from my birthday cake. My “cheat day” is in full swing…

Birthday Pancakes from Healthinspirations.net-1

I’ve always loved that my birthday is in January because the weather is mostly cold, grey and snowy making the cake the highlight of the cake. Today however, the sun’s actually decided to make an appearance. The snow is sparkling in the the winter’s sun and I can’t wait to take Sunny for a long birthday walk this afternoon.

Before I dig into a piece of birthday cake I wanted to share some wintery pictures with you all. Does it not look so beautiful and peaceful out there?

Snowy Austria seen on healthinspirations.net

Snowy Austria seen on healthinspirations.net

Snowy Austria seen on healthinspirations.net

Now, I’m off to play in the snow!

Snowy Austria seen on healthinspirations.net

Happy weeeeekend!!!

• Reply Kat @ a dash of fairydust January 19, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Happy birthday! 🙂
    I’m glad you enjoy the weather; personally,I am honestly sick of the snow and the cold by now…

• Reply Antonia January 20, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Thank you 🙂 I’m sure I would be too if it had started snowing back in November but it only started snowing a week ago so I can still enjoy the experience!

• Reply Carli January 19, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Happy birthday! What a wonderful way to start with those pretty pancakes. It does look wonderful out there but I prefer to stay inside when it’s cold.

• Reply Antonia January 20, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Thanks Carli 🙂

• Reply Meghan@cleaneatsfastfeets January 20, 2013 at 12:23 am

Happy Birthday!! I hope you are having a grand time playing in the snow. I love the pictures; it looks just like a Christmas card. Beautiful!!

• Reply Antonia January 20, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Thank you Meghan! It really does feel like Christmas out there…

• Reply Emily @ Hungry Delights January 20, 2013 at 6:27 am

Happy Birthday pretty lady! I am super jealous that you get to spend time in that wonderful snow – enjoy your day and be sure to eat lots of amazing food 🙂
    xo Emily

• Reply Antonia January 20, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Thank you Emily! Just so you know, the pancakes where inspired by your WIAW post 🙂 xx

• Reply Miss Polkadot January 20, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Happy Birthday, Antonia! I hope you had a wonderful day with your family and a great birthday snow walk with Sunny!

Which kind of cake did you have? My birthday’s coming up soon, too, and I have yet to decide. Also, I’ll have to try and see the drearily cold and grey weather on my Birthday the same way you do :).

• Reply Antonia January 20, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Thank you 🙂 It’s a chocolate cake with a mascarpone-raspberry filling and a chocolate ganache. I couldn’t decide for ages and it was a last minute decision. I’ll post a picture of the cake on wednesday. x

• Reply Kathryn January 20, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Happy happy happy (slightly belated) birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day!

• Reply Jennifer January 20, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a special weekend. 🙂

• Reply Bec January 20, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Happy Birthday Antonia! I hope you had a great day. Those pancakes look gorgeous – so does the snow! And what a gorgeous picture of you and your brother! x

• Reply a farmer in the dell January 21, 2013 at 12:40 am

Happy birthday! I am so glad I found your blog!

• Reply WIAW: birthday eats January 23, 2013 at 5:04 am

[…] morning and happy WIAW! Today I have a special birthday edition for you. I celebrated my birthday on Saturday and since people were wondering what cake I got I figured I’d write up a whole day of […]