To all my non-American readers: I don’t know about you, but sometimes I wish we celebrated Thanksgiving. It may just be due to the fact that I hang out in the blogosphere with all these amazing bloggers and foodies, but there’s such a great collection of recipes available on the internet right now, all revolving around Thanksgiving. There’s turkey, stuffing, variations of cranberry sauce, lots of vegetable recipes and let’s no forget about pumpkin pie. I think the beauty of the pumpkin is not celebrated in the form that it is in the US in any other country. But let’s change that. I have dedicated several posts to pumpkin already just because I know that it’s versatile and I want you to try out all the recipes too. You can use it in any meal and it will create a wonderful taste in whatever you choose to add it to.
One of my most recent favorite recipes was discovered on Donal Skehan’s blog. You should check it out, it’s amazing!! These are pumpkin muffins with a maple glaze. A great flavor combination, right? And super simple to make. I brought these to work with me for afternoon tea and coffee with the interns. Everyone loved them.
Not that I know anything about Thanksgiving meal planning, but I think these would be perfect thrown in for dessert or even for a quick breakfast.
People at work love cream cheese so I figured that it would be the perfect afternoon snack to bring along. They certainly did not disappoint although I have to say that I may have played around with the ingredients a bit too much since the filling melted into the pumpkin cake batter. Taste wise they were still pretty good!!!
There’s so many other wonderful recipe floating around the web right now that I wanted to add my favorites here. Feel free to link up any other recipes that you think I might like. Anything with pumpkin or autumn spices is greatly appreciated.
- Pumpkin Cookies seen on My Baking Addiction
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie seen on Chocolate-Covered Katie
- The Best Thanksgiving Dressings and Stuffings seen on Saveur
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes see on Une-Deux Senses
- Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Cupcakes seen on Cookies & Cups
- Cornbread Stuffing Muffins with Apple and Pancetta seen on A Spicy Perspective
- Caramel-Pumpkin Mousse Tart seen on Kraft Recipes
- Whole Grain Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts seen On Texanerin Baking
- Pumpkin Chili seen on Babble.com
- Whole Grain Pumpkin Cupcakes seen on Texanerin Baking
- Caramel Pumpkin Italian Cream Cake seen on Mississippi Kitchen
- Petite Pumpkin Spice Donuts seen on Blue-Eyed Bakers
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Frosting seen on A Spicy Perspective
- Pumpkin S’mores Cupcakes seen on How Sweet It Is
- Better than Starbucks Pumpkin Muffins seen on Dinner with Julie
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake seen on Good Life Eats
- Pumpkin Graham Bread seen on Not Without Salt
- Pumpkin Streusel Bread seen on Satisfy my Sweet Tooth