London, WIAW

WIAW: london eats

November 7, 2012

Happy WIAW! I hope everyone’s doing well this morning. This will be a post rich in pictures since I’ll be showing you some of the fantastic food I ate over the long weekend in London. We went to some great restaurants so I was able to taste a bit of everything. Looking back over the pics it seems like all I did was eat, but rest assured, lots of shopping was done as well! Let’s get right started. A big thanks as always to Jenn from Peas and Crayons for hosting.

{Please note that all these pics were taken on my phone and are not edited. Sometimes simplicity is best}

My weekend officially began on Thursday morning with brunch at Le Pain Quotidien {where else, right?} Along with Whole Foods, it’s my favorite place and I went there countless times over my 4 day stay in London.

Large fruit bowl, scrambled eggs with a side of salmon and a latte

IMG_0996

A quick shopping trip at Whole Foods and a juice made of kale, carrots, oranges and apples

IMG_0998

Asian food we had Friday night

IMG_1005

IMG_1004

IMG_1008

IMG_1003

Saturday brunch at Le Pain Quotidien: I got the granola parfait and shared the fruit salad and bread basket with Christina

IMG_1012

IMG_1013

IMG_1014

The selection of spreads needed their own table. The speculoos spread is amazing and so christmassy!!!

IMG_1015

On Saturday evening we went to an Indonesian restaurant. The food reminded me so much of my childhood there. The flavors were incredible!

IMG_1016

IMG_1019

IMG_1021

And pisang goreng {fried banana} for dessert

IMG_1023

Cheese burger with fries {Sunday’s late lunch}

IMG_1043

I’ll be back with a recipe tomorrow until then have a Happy WIAW!

• Reply Meghan@cleaneatsfastfeets November 7, 2012 at 4:44 am

Happy WIAW! The “simple” pictures look beautiful. I love all the fresh fruit and the granola parfait. Yum.

• Reply Antonia November 7, 2012 at 10:09 am

The granola parfait is my favorite!!

• Reply Kathryn November 7, 2012 at 8:48 am

I’ve never had breakfast (or brunch) at La Pain Quotidien – I think I’m definitely missing out!

• Reply Antonia November 7, 2012 at 10:08 am

Yes you are!! I think if I lived in London I’d go there every single day. They have the best bread and spreads!!!

• Reply Lot-O-Choc November 7, 2012 at 11:36 am

ow wow loving the look of that granola parfait – looks amazingggg!

• Reply kelsey November 7, 2012 at 4:49 pm

So incredible that you got to spend a weekend in London! I don’t even know which picture to comment on – they all look fantastic!!

• Reply Jennifer November 7, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Happy WIAW! Looks like you had a great trip. Beautiful photos. I love La Pain Quotidien and Whole Foods too! 🙂

• Reply Antonia November 7, 2012 at 10:34 pm

And I’m jealous since you have better access to them than I have!!!

• Reply Bec November 7, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Happy WIAW! Your food looks as amazing as ever – loving the fruity breakfasts and the parfait. I’m so jealous you got to go to England – that’s what I love about Europe – a couple of hours on a plane (literally two-three from England to Germany is it?) and you’re in another country. In Australia, and in Queensland, it is three hours to get from the top to bottom of my own state! Let alone leave the country!

• Reply Antonia November 7, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Yes, it’s usually about 1 hour 45 minutes to get to London. We are definitely spoiled since we get to travel to all these great countries in no time.

• Reply Sunnie@moderngirlnutrition November 7, 2012 at 11:19 pm

That Whole Food s juice sounds amazing! I love putting kale in my smoothies:) Happy WIAW!

• Reply Emilie @ Hungry Delights November 8, 2012 at 4:01 am

So jealous. Even your camera phone pictures look amazing! Such delicious eats – enjoy your time in London.

• Reply Nina November 8, 2012 at 7:15 pm

So yummy looking! I’m jealous!

• Reply Eating 4 Balance November 9, 2012 at 2:57 am

Those are pretty good for no editing! I can’t remember the last time that I used a real camera. Camera phones are the best!!

Love all of the Asian food. Fried bananas sound amazing 🙂

• Reply Healthy Way To Cook What I Ate Wednesday Roundup - November 14 November 14, 2012 at 9:56 pm

[…] of Health Inspirations posted tons of food photos from a 4-day weekend in London (Editor’s note: SO jealous! I want to […]