WIAW: parading at the oktoberfest

by Antonia on September 26, 2012

The day has finally come! I’ve been waiting for today to arrive for a very long time…it must have been the day I signed up for Food Blogger Connect in London. While at that time I did know that I was going to live in Munich it was uncertain whether I could really fly to England or if I would be given the next few days off. But since I work at the best company ever and have the most understanding boss it wasn’t a problem at all so I am on my way to London. Right. Now!

I think at this moment I’m actually a little bit more excited to see my sister again than the actual blogger conference but I know I’ll probably be really excited/ nervous/ exhilarated on Thursday night and won’t be able to fall asleep. I can’t wait wait to meet all the great bloggers, attend the workshops and I hope that I can apply some of the things I learn on my blog.

I’ll only be in London until Monday and will be attending the FBC from Friday to Sunday which means I will  have one day to squeeze in sister-time. I have tomorrow all planned out. Christina and I are going on a training run for the half-marathon in the morning {let’s see how that goes, I haven’t been running in over a week as I had a cold and needed to rest!}, then we are having breakfast/ brunch {probably at Le Pain Quotidien if I get to choose}. Of course we have to go to the new Victoria’s Secret Store {that’s a given} and obviously go to Whole Foods. I have a few things on my shopping list which I hope to buy in the afternoon before heading home for dinner. We invited Alex {our brother} over for a home-cooked meal!

Enough London talk for now, here’s what I ate on Saturday.

Thanks to Jenn from Peas and Crayons for hosting the foodie party!

Since Saturday was the first day of Oktoberfest I went to see the parade {I wrote about it here and here so won’t repeat it all again. I might write a last Oktoberfest post later this or next week where I can give you a glimpse into the tents…it’s a blast}. Anyways, before going to the parade I made myself a hot bowl of oatmeal. I had some nectarine that needed to be eaten and since it was already soft I just cut it straight into the oatmeal. I topped it off with super smooth cashew nut butter {the best} and granola.

WIAW 26.9 Breakfast

After the parade was over I walked around and did some window shopping. I found my new favorite store, one where they sell kitchen appliances, tableware, cookware, etc. I ooohed and aaahed at the Vitamix and Kitchenaid for about an hour before heading to the Viktualienmarkt where I bought lunch: a Brezel…the most Munich-esque thing you can buy, especially now that it’s Oktoberfest time.

IMG_0849

Since I saw a rainstorm approaching I quickly headed into Starbucks where I got myself a latte. And no, it was not a pumpkin spice latte…we don’t get these here!

IMG_0842

Once the rain stopped I went home, wrote my blog post, cleaned my room {the usual} and prepared a snack. I’m really into fall apples right now and love have them with crunchy PB. The perfect afternoon treat.

Apple with PB

I also had about 6 cups of tea since it was freezing cold and I was still feeling pretty sick {btw, thanks for all your sore throat tips last week!}.

DSC_0266

One of my flat mates had friends over this weekend so we {the interns} decided to have dinner at a Lebanese restaurant. My other flat mate is actually half-Lebanese so she knew exactly what to order. Most of use just followed her advice and had the same: the Mäsä.

Lebanese Dinner

My drink of choice: hot water with lemon juice. I was desperate to get rid of my cold that had been sticking around for way to long and I think that kick of vitamin C really helped.

Lebanese Dinner 1

Eating all these wonderful dishes made me even more excited for the blogger conference since it’s organized by Bethany from Dirty Kitchen Secrets who also posts Lebanese recipes. Her food always looks to die for and I can’t wait to meet her in person!

Lebanese Dinner 2

I headed home pretty early and went to bed at around 10 so that I’d be fit for Sunday, day 2 of the parade. Since I have the pictures of my breakfast on my computer already I’ll throw them in as a WIAW bonus. I had a danish which I bought at Viktualienmarkt along with a soft nectarine.

WIAW 26.9 Breakfast 2

Then we set off to see the parade!

DSC_0297

If you ever get a chance, come to Munich during the Oktoberfest. Yes, it will be crowded but it’s so worth it!!!

I will see you all from London Smile

Happy WIAW!

Bec September 26, 2012 at 7:45 am

I love Oktoberfest and I’ve been loving the recaps. I hope you have a great time this weekend. I am totally stealing your breakfast idea btw. And that giant pretzel looks fantastic! :)

Antonia September 26, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I was hoping that my Oktoberfest posts weren’t too much but it’s such a cool tradition that I just had to share it all.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli September 26, 2012 at 9:52 am

Oh wow, that bowl of oats is calling my name! I’ve always paired cashew butter with savory dishes…I’ll have to give it a try with something sweet!

I’ve always wanted to try Lebanese food. That spread looks fabulous!

Antonia September 26, 2012 at 12:20 pm

What kind of dishes to you add the cashew buter to? I need some inspiration!

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count September 26, 2012 at 9:57 am

Your food looks yummy! Enjoy your conference!

Antonia September 26, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Thanks, I’m sure I will!

Lot-O-Choc September 26, 2012 at 11:49 am

All looks great – i love cashew butter its on of my fave nut butters mm!

Antonia September 26, 2012 at 12:21 pm

It’s my current favorite as well, although I really, really, really like almond butter as well. Cashew butter is just sooo smooth and delicious!

Leanne @ eatandgetmoving September 26, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Your photos are gorgeous! You make me wanna eat it ALL :D haha. As for the conference… that’s SO super exciting! I’d love to attend such conference one day :) Sounds like so much fun! Enjoy every moment (+ so nice you get to see your sis again, so are both of your siblings living in England as well? I’m kinda lost here,… you’re from Austria right?.. :) Maybe I’ve just missed a post ;)) Anyway, happy WIAW! Enjoy and much love from Leanne

Antonia September 26, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Haha…I know it’s a bit complicated. I’m from Austria but study in England. I’m just doing a 1-year internship in Munich now but will be back in England next year. And yes, both my siblings live/ work in London.
Happy WIAW :)

Shannon (Healthiful Balance) September 26, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Yay, thats so awesome that you can go to London! I hope you have a great time! :) <3

And all your eats look so good! I would love to eat it all! :D

Antonia September 26, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I’m sure I’ll have a great time. I’ll take lots of pictures for all of you!

Jennifer September 26, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I would love to come for Oktoberfest sometime! Have a great time in London. I love La Pain Quotidien (we have one close to us) and Whole Foods. Enjoy! :-)

Antonia September 26, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I wish I had a Le Pain Quotidien close by but if I did I’d probably eat there every single day.

Heather @ InHerChucks September 26, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Breakfast looks divine! I LOVE nectarines. They are the best fruit of summer :)

Thanks for sharing. Happy WIAW!

Antonia September 26, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I also love nectarines in the summer but now that it’s fall their taste just isn’t the same. I might have to add apples instead!

Michelle@peachypalate September 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Cashew nut butter is up there with almond butter alright!!! Love the outfit! :)

Antonia September 26, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Thanks! That’s the Dirndl I wore for my graduation :)

Meghan@cleaneatsfastfeets September 27, 2012 at 2:15 am

It sounds like you have a great weekend planned!! I hope you have a blast, and I will take both of your breakfasts, thank you very much. Such beautiful pictures and what great colors. I love eating a colorful meal.

caren September 27, 2012 at 3:02 am

oh, that cinnamon bun looked to die for!

Cute costume!