Uncategorized, WIAW

WIAW: another relaxing munich weekend

September 12, 2012

Good morning and Happy WIAW! I hope everyone’s working hard on their good  fall habits! I’ve certainly been trying to eat less chocolate at work though it’s the biggest challenge of my life. No really, you should see my office. It’s basically a big chocolate storage. Other than trying to resist the temptation of the chocolate I’ve been enjoying Munich {a lot}. I stayed here this weekend which gave me a chance to hang out with all the cool interns from work! Last night we had planned to go roller skating, however a lack of good organization and forward think led to a drink at the Biergarten instead. The night could have ended worse, but really, it would have been fun to go blading with thousands of others. Here’s a short video of what we could have been a part of!

Anyways, I will be sharing Sunday’s eats with you today. As always, thank you Jenn from Peas and Crayons for hosting the weekly foodie extravaganza.

I actually managed to sleep until 9:45am which is a HUGE deal for me. I went to a party the night before and not that I stayed out for that long, I was still pretty tired when I got home and needed to catch up on some much needed sleep. The first thing I did in the morning was throw together this delicious looking bowl of apple baked oatmeal. With a dash of cinnamon and a generous sprinkle of brown sugar this was the perfect breakfast for a lazy SUNday Sun

Roiboos vanilla relaxation tea on the side.

After breakfast I went for another, not so long run after that long run on Saturday {which I still don’t know how long it really was}. I did a bit of yoga afterwards and then showered up and got ready for my second breakfast. Leftover baked oatmeal served on top of yoghurt with banana and nut butter.

I did some cleaning, laundry and other household chores before preparing a quick lunch wrap. It was inspired by some French flavors and the wrap was sort of healthy since it included flax seeds. On top of that I added field salad, red grapes, walnuts and goat cheese.

{Close up}

Even though around here stores and shops aren’t open on Sundays I drove into the city center anyways to get a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I spent some time writing my blog post for that day and people watching before heading back home.

Grande iced latte with lactose free milk!IMG_0776

For dinner I was craving pasta and cooked up a bowl of farfalle with a salmon-dill sauce. I will post the recipe later this or beginning next week.

Of course I couldn’t end such a great weekend without dessert. I had some leftover chocolate cupcakes that I brought back from the party. These really are outstanding!

And that sums up another day of delicious eats!

What have you done over the weekend? What are some of your recent food favorites?

Happy WIAW

• Reply Emilie @ Hungry Delights September 12, 2012 at 6:57 am

OMG those cupcakes look insanely good! My workplace is a ‘naughty’ food trap too! One of the older ladies does home baking and brings it in to share so everytime I go to the tearoom there is cake, cupcakes, biscuits, slices etc! So hard to say no to :(

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 7:17 am

Hi Emilie! I guess I am very similar to that colleague of yours. I sometimes bring baked goods to work as well, but it’s impossible for me to eat everything I bake all by myself. And I really like sharing…sharing is caring :) Happy WIAW!

• Reply Bec September 12, 2012 at 10:58 am

Both of your breakfasts looks amazing! I love apple baked oatmeal. LOVE IT. Those cupcakes look fantastic – anything with peanut butter cookie dough frosting has just got to be! :) Happy Wednesday – hope the rest of your week is fabulous! :)

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 6:40 pm

yes, that’s for sure….really anything involving cookie dough is a winner. I’m sure my week will be fantastic, I’m moving into a new appartment this weekend and I’ll be running a race….lots to loook forward to :) hope you have a great week too!!

• Reply Leanne @ eatandgetmoving September 12, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Everything looks amazing! :) I’ve been sick all weekend so I haven’t been doing much … yuck. I hate having colds (who doesn’t). I usually use the weekend to do household stuff as well :) Today all I’ve done is write my WIAW post 😉 Oh well.. could be worse 😉 Happy WIAW!

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 6:42 pm

oh no…hope you get better soon leanne. I know, having a cold is terrible! haha….yes, it could be worse. at least you’ll have lots of time for blog reading. happy wiaw

• Reply Heather @ InHerChucks September 12, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Ok, I am sold on the cupcakes…They look lovely :)

Thanks for sharing. Happy WIAW!

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 6:43 pm

you’re most welcome. you should really give them a try, the frosting is to die for…

• Reply Julie September 12, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I hope that’s a pumpkin spice latte! Happy WIAW!

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I wish!!! I don’t think we get those here in munich. That’s another one of those things that only exist in the States :(

• Reply Kylie @ immaeatthat September 12, 2012 at 4:07 pm

That baked oatmeal is beautiful!:)

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 6:44 pm

thanks kylie! happy wiaw

• Reply Kammie @ Sensual Appeal September 12, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I’ve gotta say, vanilla rooibos is my favorite tea right now for relaxation. I love the flavor. I use TAZO though cause I usually get mine from Starbucks but I’m sure it tastes similar to yours.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, my dear! xo

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I guess they do taste similar. I’ve been drinking a cup of tea every night now that the weather’s a bit cooler and I’m really trying to cut back on coffee. I buy my tea at an organic store here in munich but have to check whether the local starbucks sell them as well. happy wiaw :)

• Reply Danielle September 12, 2012 at 4:40 pm

That pasta is making my mouth water! It looks sooo good!

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 6:47 pm

it was very good!!! could have it every single day.

• Reply Mandy@OrangeAutumn September 12, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I’m having food envy right now!! Your food looks fantastic! I’m looking forward to the dinner recipe, it looks lovely!

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 6:48 pm

haha…I’ll try to post it this weekend if I have time. It’s a very simple recipe though, perfect for weeknights!

• Reply Jennifer September 12, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Happy WIAW! Everything looks wonderful!!! I will have to try the cupcake recipe, they look great. :-)

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 9:18 pm

they are great :) I’m sure you’ll love them!!! happy wiaw

• Reply Jessica@sweatismysanity September 12, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Your food looks so good, especially the cupcake. :) Found you at WIAW.

• Reply Antonia September 12, 2012 at 9:19 pm

welcome to my blog, jessica. thanks, you should give the cupcakes a try…delicious!

• Reply Meghan@cleaneatsfastfeets September 12, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Seriously, everything you eat looks so good.
    The skating looks like it would have been a blast. HappynWIAW.

• Reply Antonia September 13, 2012 at 5:33 am

thanks :) I know, I know…..it was have been very fun!!!

• Reply Deirdre September 12, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I’m so glad I clicked your post on WIAW! I love your balance of good for you eats and treats. Also sleeping in until after 9 sounds divine! Cheers!

• Reply Antonia September 13, 2012 at 5:32 am

Hi :) thanks so much for stopping by, I’m glad you did too !!!!!

• Reply KaraHadley September 13, 2012 at 4:06 am

That wrap looks fantastic! I never would have thought to add grapes.

• Reply Antonia September 13, 2012 at 5:31 am

I love adding fruits such as grapes or berries on top of my salads and though that it would complement the goat cheese perfectly!

• Reply Dana @ Conscious Kitchen Blog September 18, 2012 at 3:12 am

Those cupcakes look amazing!! I’m going to have to put those on my must bake list!

• Reply Antonia September 18, 2012 at 8:22 am

I’m sure you’ll love them!