I like to consider September 1st as the beginning of fall… I know that officially I’d have to wait another three weeks, but once September rolls round I’m more than ready for cooler weather, crisp air and orange leaves sparkling in the autumn sunshine…and endless cups of warming tea, of course.
There’s something great about every season; in winter we go skiing and I can’t hide my love for snow, spring is just so beautiful because of the abundance of colorful flowers and dark green grass, obviously I love summer, just because of all the good food…but this year I’ve been counting down the days to the beginning the autumn for several reasons, one of them being that we have lots of pumpkins waiting to be cooked!!!
This year we even have pumpkins hanging in the trees!
What I’m most looking forward to: my packed fall calendar!
- September 15: Women’s Run in Munich (8km)
- September 16: I’m moving into my new apartment
- September 24: Oktoberfest
- September 26-October 1: LONDON!!!
- September 28-September 30: Food Blogger Connect in London
- October 3: my baby brother turns 18, my blog turns 1
- October 5-October 7: my best friends are coming to Munich for a girly weekend
- October 13-October 16: Christina is coming to Munich
- October 14: Munich half-marathon
- November 1-November 4: potentially another trip to London lined up
- December 5-December 11: sister getaway to Puerto Rico
What do you have planned this fall? What are you most excited about? Any fun trips planned?
I’m excited to have my friends and sister visit me in Munich. I haven’t spent that many weekends there myself so I’ll actually get a chance to explore the city a bit when people are here with me. It should also be fun to have my friends here right for the Oktoberfest (expect lots of Dirndl pics!). But of course, what I’m really looking forward to is my trip to Puerto Rico with my sister. She’s there for a conference and I will be joining her for a few days once the conference is over. I’m sure by December we could use a few days in the sun to freshen up our tans and relax before the Christmas and New Year’s festivities begin.