WIAW: sunday funday

by Antonia on August 22, 2012

Morning! Yay, it’s Wednesday already! I had the best looooong weekend at home and miss the lake already. When it’s 36°C in Munich and you have no other way to cool off than taking a cold shower you really appreciate living close to a lake that’s 23°C on hot summer days. I hope next weekend will be equally as nice because the lake is calling my name already! No matter what the weather, I will definitely go for a swim right when I get back home on Friday afternoon :)

In case the post title hasn’t tipped you off already I’ll be sharing Sunday’s eats with all today. As always a HUGE thanks to Jenn from Peas and Crayons for hosting the weekly foodie party.

My Sunday began like most others, with breakfast! I had actually planned to make pancakes but someone {me ;) } slept until 9am and by the time my mom woke me up the rest of the family had already eaten. I must have needed some extra sleep after the hike! I had the usual: yoghurt with banana, blackberries {from the garden}, blueberries {sadly not from the garden}, chia seeds and flax seeds.
The second course included breadrolls, one with apple-blackerry jam {made by my grandma}, one with chocolate spread.
Somehow the morning flew by too quick and soon thereafter it was already time to prep the grill for our BBQ lunch. We love BBQing because it’s the only time Mo will actually do something productive in the household ;) He’s actually a great cook but he tends to only cook for very special people or on very special occasions.
On the grill: meats and sausages. Below the grilling rack: potatoes in tin foil. The potatoes were harvested the day before right from our garden and they were exceptionally good.
I filled my plate with a large portion of salad and vegetables and also had a steak and half a sausage. I stuck to only that half because Mo dropped one sausage on the ground and I prefer my food to be clean and sans bugs, ants, etc.!
Right after lunch we packed our bags and headed down to the lake. I spent most of the time in the water because it was simply too hot outside…I’m not making this up: it really was +30°C! In between swims I had nectarines and plum cake.
This is me at my happiest! I looooove weekends :)
Instead of driving back to Munich on Sunday night I drove back Monday morning and could thus enjoy another family dinner at home. We had lots of ham and cheese in the fridge so we scrambled some eggs and tossed in cheese and ham cubes. Enjoyed with tomatoes {from the garden} and bread. Simple yet good enough for a sunny Sunday night.
Hope your weekend was just as good as mine and you got to enjoy the sunny weather too!
How did you spend your weekend? Did you attend the HLS? Are you looking forward to fall?

Jennifer August 22, 2012 at 5:22 am

Wow! Your blackberries are so beautiful. Your BBQ looks great too. :-)

Antonia August 22, 2012 at 7:27 am

And they’re super delicious too! We My mom picks them right before breakfast!

Jennifer August 23, 2012 at 12:03 am

How lucky you are! :-)

Bec August 22, 2012 at 5:35 am

Oh, wow 36 degrees? That is hot. I remember when we were in Munich it got incredibly hot – well, hot for Munich apparently. I would spend all day in a lake like the one you go to too :) As usual great food – the fact that you have such a lovely garden makes me so jealous. And I love the bread! :)

Antonia August 22, 2012 at 7:26 am

Yes, 36°C. I wouldn’t complain if I could spend all day at the lake, but I have to work and by the time I get home it’s almost too late to head out again. Can’t wait for the weekend. Hope you are having a great week.
Btw, I had to use my google account for my comment on your blog because otherwise I can’t leave a comment.

Doris @ vanillacocoberry August 22, 2012 at 11:19 am

Soo guad! aber jetzt verrat mir mal endlich welcher see des is..der mussja a traum sein :) kanns gut verstehen dass du jedes we heimfährst!! xx

Antonia August 22, 2012 at 11:49 am

Das ist der wunderschöne Attersee, in Weyregg natürlich…dort wo’s immer sonnig ist :)

Christina August 22, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Beautiful photographs, it looks like the perfect day!

Antonia August 22, 2012 at 5:49 pm

thanks, the day really could not have been more perfect!

Meghan@cleaneatsfastfeets August 22, 2012 at 12:21 pm

All those beautiful berries. Yum. I can see why you are your happiest at the lake, with your family, great food, sunshine and swimming. Nice.

Jessie August 22, 2012 at 12:49 pm

You are beaming of happiness girl :). All of your eats look amazing… especially your lunch. Please send some of the yumminess over here!

Antonia August 22, 2012 at 5:51 pm

thanks Jessie :)

Tessa at Amazing Asset August 22, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Those blackberries are just sooo perfect looking Antonia, your breakfasts never cease to impress me :) And you do look so happy and gorgeous in that picture! So summery to me and just lovely!

Antonia August 22, 2012 at 5:52 pm

awww….thanks Tessa!you’re sooo sweet!! :)

Kat @ a dash of fairydust August 22, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I love all of your pictures! Especially the one of you swimming (your smile is gorgoeus!) and the one with the bee and the flower. <3
Of course,your food looks beautiful as well… Especially dinner.
Huge kudos for heating your stove,by the way – I live in Germany as well and let me tell you I was DYIN last Sunday… It was definitely TOO hot for my liking.

Antonia August 22, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Thanks Kat :) Where in Germany do you live? Yes, it’s been a bit too hot all week if you ask me ;)

What Would Jessica Eat August 22, 2012 at 4:02 pm

The blackberries are beautiful! I wish I had a garden like that!

Alexia August 23, 2012 at 1:57 pm

BBQs at its best!! love to enjoy sundays like that with family- unfortunately my family is not so much into BBQ but i tend to round it out with a lovely brunch with my boyfriend :) austrian blackberries are sooo good at the moment!