WIAW: sunday eats

by Antonia on July 25, 2012

Hello everyone. As you may or may not have read in this post or on Facebook, my laptop is on summer vacation at the Apple Store after crashing on Saturday afternoon. I didn’t have a chance to fully back up all my files but luckily I still had most of my newer blog pics on my camera so I didn’t lose all my beloved pictures. I really hope I’ll be able to  pick up my laptop before the end of this week since blogging sans computer is hardly possible but we’ll have to wait and see. I wrote and scheduled this post Sunday afternoon on my mom’s computer so I’d have at least one post this week!

Thanks Jenn for hosting this wonderful foodie party. Be sure to check out the other WIAW posts over at Peas and Crayons.

I’m sorry that I don’t have lots to talk about today but I spent the weekend at home, doing nothing really…I relaxed after my very hard and busy first week as an intern…ha! ;) Here’s what a typical Sunday looks like around here:

During the summer we love having breakfast on our balcony since the view is quite beautiful and you’ve got to take at advantage of the sun while it’s out since the weather changes quickly from one minute to the next.

See!

So this is what we like to eat for Sunday breakfast. It’s pretty much a standard Austrian breakfast: multigrain bread, different bread rolls, an assortment of spreads and jams (I love my mom’s jams), tea and sometimes we have pastries…this usually depends on who drives to the bakery in the morning. My dad usually buys one or two Nusskipferl (nut crescents) which I quite like ;) We usually also have some sort of fruit cake that my mom makes.

This is what I had…plate 1: cake, egg, bread roll with  jam.

Plate 2: 1/2 walnut pastry and 1/2 bread roll with nutella :)

Since breakfast tends to be a relaxed affair and we just eat until someone’s ready to clear the table we’re not really hungry for a couple of hours. That’s why Sunday lunch is usually around 2:30pm or 3pm.

Before lunch my dad and I went for another run and after a shower it was already time to eat!

My mom made a absolutely delicious meal: we had walleye (zander) on a tomato-risotto bed with a side of tomato salad. It was incredible!!! I had seconds on  the fish, salad and the risotto.

As usual, after lunch we had coffee which was accompanied by another piece of cake!

Unfortunately I don’t have any dinner pics since I wrote this post before driving back to Munich. I really hope I’ll be back soon but I’ll keep you updated via Facebook and Twitter!

HAPPY WIAW!!!!!!

Jessica July 25, 2012 at 5:47 am

All the breakfast pastries look tasty!

Doris @ vanillacocoberry July 25, 2012 at 6:32 am

maa ..klingt echt wie ein gelungener sonntag im kreise der familie.. möcht sowas auch wieder mal haben buhuhuhuhuhu :(
und der schlag aufn kaffeee schaut echt guad aus , genauso wie der (kirsch??)kuchen

Antonia July 25, 2012 at 5:45 pm

War echt ein toller Tag! Aber dieses Wochenende wird noch besser weil meine Schwester aus England endlich wieder mal vorbeischaut :)
Danke, danke! Yup, ist Kirschkuchen.
Hoffe du kannst auch bald wieder ein Frühstück mit deiner Familie genießen!

Bec July 25, 2012 at 11:55 am

Wow. I love your breakfasts. That was my favorite part about traveling in Italy. The breakfasts are always good – I love fresh bread with homemade jam and croissants. Hope your laptop gets fixed soon :)

Antonia July 25, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I really hope so too but II think it Ill’ll have to wait another week to find Out what’s wrong….i feel lost without it!!!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset July 25, 2012 at 12:56 pm

First, I am sorry to hear about your computer! ahhh that is just the worst, but thank goodness you had most of the files backed up! Which reminds me, I haven’t backed up in about 2 months! This needs to be done pronto, right after I post this comment as a matter of fact
And what a lovely day spent with your family :) That breakfast looks amazing, nice choice on the nutella Antonia, I very much approve hehe

Antonia July 25, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Your nutella comment made me smile… Who wouldn’t approve of nutella? Right? Glad I could serve as your reminder :)

Alexia July 25, 2012 at 3:50 pm

jaa.. das österreichische Frühstück. sieht toll aus in den Bildern, ich kann mich aber nicht so sehr dafür begeistern :) bin kein kipferl fan. die hausgemachte marmelade dafür ist ein hit! mhmm… schön, dass du dein wochenende genossen hast!

Antonia July 25, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Wie kann man nur keine Kipferl mögen??? Die Kombi Nutella mit Kipferl ist bei uns daheim ein Hit! Besser geht’s fast nicht mehr :)

theresa @ aspoonfulofsunshine July 25, 2012 at 3:59 pm

All those pastries look amazing! That is so cook that your mom makes all of those for breakfast.

Antonia July 25, 2012 at 5:38 pm

We actually buy the pastries from the bakery down the road, but my mom did make The cake and jams :)

Shelby@EverydayVeganGirl July 25, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Wow…what a view you go there! Beautiful. I’d eat every meal out there if I had that kind of view!

Antonia July 25, 2012 at 5:37 pm

During the summer we actually eat out on the balcony day and night!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets July 25, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Glad to see you posting again, even if it’s temporary and can’t wait to have you back full time.

Your view is amazing, and I want to try the walnut pastry and the tomato risotto. They look delicious.

Ffion July 25, 2012 at 10:55 pm

It sucks when technology stops working! The view from your house is breathtaking!

Antonia July 26, 2012 at 5:41 am

Really makes me realize how dependend I am on my computer!!!

Sunnie(moderngirlnutrition) July 26, 2012 at 12:04 am

Oh my goodness, your egg looks incredible! I can never cook mine like that, and it’s my favorite way to eat eggs haha! The walnut roll also looks fantastic:)

Antonia July 26, 2012 at 5:39 am

I only recently discovered that that’s my favorite Way of eating eggs… Never really liked them that much before, only in cake and dessert ;)

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets July 27, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I can’t wait for you to be back full time. The pastries look delicious and I’m envious of your view.

Christina July 30, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I hope your computer is ok! Such a relief that you backed up your photographs. I love long, lazy breakfasts – the best kind!

Emilie @ Hungry Delights August 8, 2012 at 4:06 am

I love the look and style of your breakfast – so relaxed and looks absolutely delicious