WIAW, Workouts

WIAW: let’s talk workouts

July 4, 2012

Happy WIAW and Happy 4th of July to my American readers. I’m sure looking forward to seeing some of your Independence Day eats soon!

On a sidenote, I want to point out the video I posted last week in which I talk about overcoming my eating disorder that may be of interest to some of you!

I was so happy to see that Jenn (thank you for hosting, btw!) chose Fitness as July’s WIAW theme. I usually don’t really post my workouts on my blog because I feel that I’m not qualified enough to give anyone fitness-related inspiration when I’m not a trainer. So it’s great that I get to talk about workouts with all today.

If I had written this post 2 months ago I would have probably gone on and on about how much I love running and what joy it brings to my life. However, I am currently not allowed to run! I have been experiencing knee pain during and after my runs for the last month and when I went to the doctor I was told that I have knee bursitis (or something like that). I’m allowed to work out but I shouldn’t run for a couple of weeks. So, I’ve been cycling and doing at home workouts (mostly fun workout DVDs). I’m also planning on participating in Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp again since I had a blast during the first round earlier this year!

On Saturday morning I did my usual 50km road bike tour around the lake right by our house and it felt great. The pain really only is present during runs so I hope by giving my body the rest it deserves and needs I will be feel better soon and be ready to train for my half marathon that I’m planning on running with my sister in Munich in October.

I might post a workout next week but for now that’s all I have to say. So on to the food . . .

Since I’ll be posting yesterday’s eats some of you might have already seen this bowl of Fresh Summer Muesli. In case you’re interested I posted the recipe yesterday. On the side I enjoyed a cup of strawberry black tea.

I spent most of the morning unpacking my suitcases (yes, they were still packed)  and then packing them again since I’ll be moving to Munich end of next week (yikes!) and will be spending the next week at our lake house. Packing and unpacking really are my least favorite things to do yet it seems like I’ve been doing nothing else for the last couple of weeks.

Since packing is sooo extremely exhausting it left me hungry before my DVD workout so I had  my last bounce ball. I know I said I’d leave the best flavor (the chocolate walnut brownie) for last but I had it last week and was left with the peanut flavored bounce ball today. Out of all of the flavors I’ve tried to far I’d have to say that the coconut & macadamia is my favorite and the peanut one a very close second. Delicious!

After my workout I showered, finished doing the laundry and then it was time for lunch. I recently discovered that I love soft-boiled eggs. My grandma used to make them for us all the time but I hated them back then until . . . now!  It’s funny how our tastes change throughout our lifetime!

I had 2 eggs with bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes, prosciutto and a whole grain bread roll that I sliced up for dunking…

I have a feeling I’ll have this again very soon.

After lunch I had a cup of coffee with a coconut macaroon…

… and snacked on cherries (that I picked over the weekend) throughout the afternoon.

For dinner I had planned on making pasta with home-made pesto for the family. We even bought a new basil plant last week. However yesterday morning I saw that the plant had nearly died over the weekend and only had about 10 leaves or so left (basil plants don’t like it in our home) so I made Linguine with Avocado Sauce instead. I added the few basil leaves that we had left to the sauce which perfectly rounded everything off nicely. My mum and I both loved it!

In case you’re interested here are a couple of fitness-related links that may be of interest:

I hope you all have a great WIAW!!!!! Don’t forget to head over to Peas and Crayons to check out some of the other posts!

• Reply Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets July 4, 2012 at 6:01 am

Your pictures are fabulous and your food looks delicious. Thanks for sharing; I may have to try soft boiled eggs now.

• Reply Kat @ a dash of fairydust July 4, 2012 at 11:56 am

Wow,your photography is gorgeous,really! Everything looks so good,you make me want to come over and eat together with you. 😉
    Dunking sliced bread rolls in drippy egg yolk is a childhood fave of mine,by the way… So simple,yet soooo delicious!

• Reply Linz @ Itz Linz July 4, 2012 at 1:47 pm

i LOVE muesli – i’ve got to check out your recipe!! and those dippy eggs?? never seen them before but they look amazing!!!

• Reply Living, Learning, Eating July 4, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Oh my gosh-goodness that bounce ball looks amazing! All of your pictures, actually! How do you do it? No matter how long I try and what lighting I get, my pictures *never* look that good. If you have any particular advice, beyond buying an expensive camera, pleasepleaseplease email me at livinglearningeating@gmail.com. Thank you so much!

xx,
    LLE

• Reply Antonia July 4, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Thank you! I’ve been getting a couple photography related questions lately so I thought it would be best to do a photography post soon where I can add a lot more info and pics than I could in an email.

• Reply Jennifer July 4, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Happy WIAW! Everything looks great. I am the same as you, as a child I hated eggs but now I am loving them. 🙂

• Reply Teti July 4, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Your food looks soooooo good (except for the almost raw egg i couldn’t eat that :D) Especially the muesli looks awsome <3

• Reply Antonia July 4, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Thanks and don’t worry…the egg wasn’t raw, it was boiled to perfection 🙂

• Reply Doris @ vanillacocoberry July 5, 2012 at 6:19 am

Oh mein gott.. deine bilder schauen alle soooo guad aus!!! und was sind des für geile bounce balls? coconut und macadamia hört sich echt ziemlich dekadent an..yumymyyuymymy
    ma i bin echt froh dass du mich gefunden hast, danke fürs schreiben!!
    warum ziehst du nächste woche nach münchen??
    japp, die medizin prüfungen sind echt das allerschlimmste auf gottes erden, aber ist ja gottseidank nur mehr eine die mir nächstes jahr bevor steht hoffentlich …bis dahin muss ich schauen dass es mir selbst wieder gut geht, weil mir is’s echt in letzter zeit absolut dreckig gegangen, hab fast meinen verstand verloren, keinen sport gemacht , dadurch gings mir noch schlechter und gegesssen wie ein schwein ^^ 🙁

• Reply Antonia July 5, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Danke 🙂 Ich mach ab Mitte Juli ein 1-jähriges Praktikum bei Kraft Food. Es ist zwar Teil vom Studium aber ich schon mal gespannt wie das wird wenn ich wirklich ein Jahr wie ein echter Erwachsener arbeiten muss…
      Hoffentlich erholst du dich über die Ferien gut! Kann mir vorstellen dass so eine mega-Prüfung den Körper extrem belastet!!

• Reply Jessica July 6, 2012 at 12:45 am

The Muesli sounds and looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I think I know whats for breakfast tomorrow….

• Reply Antonia July 6, 2012 at 9:54 am

Let me know what you think!

• Reply Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats July 6, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Yumm! These all look great! I want to try those Bounce Balls…I’ve never heard of them! And let’s talk about that pasta….can I have a plate right now please 🙂

Also, good for you for working out despite the knee issues!!

• Reply Eating 4 Balance July 7, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Wow. That bread is so pretty! Do you make it yourself?

Good luck with recovery! My brother is trying to get over track-induced shin splints and he as found that bicycling and swimming really help.