WIAW: build-a-breakfast

May 30, 2012

Hi friends. Sorry for not posting any new recipes lately but I’ve been busy at home, working on some personal projects and having fun with my family and friends. I promise I’ll get creative sometime soon and come up with healthy, fun spring/summer recipes. This past week my mom’s been doing most of the cooking (thanks mama!) so it was especially delicious but now that the long weekend is over for us I have my part-time job back and am in charge of cooking lunch/dinner for the family.

For today’s post I’ll be showing you what I ate yesterday. As always THANKS to Jenn for hosting the weekly foodie-party.

Breakfast was really special since I met one of my best friends for breakfast. I don’t often go out for breakfast when I’m in Austria since it’s not that typical to have breakfast on-the-go or at cafés. I personally believe things would change drastically if we’d have a Pain Quotidien here. Just sayin’! Anyhow the place we went to had a build-a-breakfast menu where you could choose the things you wanted out of an extensive list as opposed to ordering a set menu.

I had a muesli, yogurt, a bowl of mixed fruit, a bread roll with cottage cheese and a latte to wake me up.

After our breakfast we strolled through the town center before deciding it was time for juice. I had grapefruit juice, Nina hat carrot-orange juice.

I wasn’t really that hungry when lunch rolled but there’s always room for tempeh with caramelized peanuts in my belly. We followed this recipe but instead of the hazelnuts we used peanuts and had rice on the side. It’s delicious, either way!

Lunch was followed by coffee and dessert (cookies 🙂 )

I was busy all afternoon helping my mom with stuff around the house and sorting things that needed to be sorted but was hit by hunger at 6:30pm. I didn’t have the patience to cook anything fancy so I got some lettuce from the garden, added some tomatoes and mozzarella and topped it with leftover barbeque meat. I sliced up some watermelon for dessert. I just can’t get enough.

HAPPY WIAW!

• Reply Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl May 30, 2012 at 5:22 am

Great breakfast. Love a good muesli and some fresh fruit. Oh ya! Your coffee looks delicious too. love your array of eats!

• Reply Antonia May 30, 2012 at 10:46 am

thanks Christine 🙂

• Reply Jessica May 30, 2012 at 5:51 am

The tempeh looks to die for! Thanks for sharing the recipe…I can’t wait to try it at home!

• Reply Antonia May 30, 2012 at 10:46 am

Thanks. Let me know what you think!

• Reply Shelby (everydayvegangirl) May 30, 2012 at 6:05 am

I’m always looking for good tempeh recipes to get me away from using so much tofu…sounds so good!

• Reply Antonia May 30, 2012 at 10:48 am

Thanks! My learned how to cook this dish when we lived in Indonesia. It’s delicious!

• Reply Hannah@mindrunningwild May 30, 2012 at 6:20 am

Breakfast is always special. It is without fail always my favourite meal. I’m missing cottage cheese- London has run out! and has been out for weeks now 🙁
    I’ve always wanted to try a juice. It has been so hot here that cool things are all I really feel like eating.

• Reply Antonia May 30, 2012 at 10:50 am

I had a hard time finding cottage cheese in England but I found it at Sainsbury’s a couple of weeks ago.

• Reply Michelle@PeachyPalate May 30, 2012 at 7:44 am

Tempeh dish looks and sounds incredible. Breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day, quite a spread you have there! 🙂

• Reply Antonia May 30, 2012 at 10:48 am

I LOVE breakfast too!

• Reply Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 30, 2012 at 10:40 am

Mmm I am agreeing with everyone here, the tempeh dish looks great Antonia! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, hands down, and what a fantastic spread you have there! I am coming over to dine with you tomorrow morning 😉

• Reply Antonia May 30, 2012 at 10:45 am

Thanks Tessa! You’re more than welcome to come over. I’d love to meet some of you in person!!!

• Reply Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count May 30, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Everything looks tasty!!

• Reply Liz @ IHeartVegetables May 30, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Yum! I love grapefruit juice! You’ve got me craving it!

• Reply Kammie @ Sensual Appeal May 30, 2012 at 6:59 pm

wow gorgeous photography, such colorful and delicious lookng eats!

• Reply B @ Crags and Veggies May 31, 2012 at 12:12 am

The carrot orange juice looks beautiful! I’m on a juicing challenge to drink fresh made juice from my juicer every day this summer! Thanks for the idea, I will definitely be trying it!

• Reply Haley @ Health Freak College Girl May 31, 2012 at 4:26 am

Oh my. That breakfast looks and sounds great!