WIAW: it started and ended with blackberries

May 16, 2012

Although I’m an Apple gal all the way (I have an iPhone and MacBook) when it comes to food the Blackberry has stolen my heart. They are so good and lighten up even the dullest meal. My Monday included almost a whole pack but I just couldn’t stop munching on them throughout the day. A warning right at the start, I studied pretty much all day long (except for a trip to the gym) so I was verrrry hungry.

A huge thanks as always to Jenn for throwing the weekly party!

It was a cold morning so oatmeal sounded just fine! I threw strawberries and blueberries right into the mix while it was simmering away and added blackberries on top. A spoon of PB for extra study energy πŸ™‚

Whilst studying I snacked on nuts (cashews and almonds) and raisins. Unfortunately the nuts were salted and the left me very thirsty for the rest of the day!

Lunch came together in a flash. I made a salad with chopped red bell pepper. I used up the last bit of cheddar the I had left and cut it into small cubes. Garnished with strawberries and blackberries. 2 slices of wholemeal toast on the side.

For dessert I had Lindt Orange Intense. This is my favorite chocolate at the moment (until I come home and finally get to have some Milka chocolate again!). Even though the chocolate is wafer-thin it’s filled with nuts and orange pieces and the two flavors together with the bitterness of the dark chocolate creates a firework for my taste buds…so good!

After eating all those blackberries I had to throw in an apple somewhere. Instead of the usual Pink Lady I chose a Golden Delicious and filled it with crunchy PB. I’m telling you apples have never tasted so good! Made the perfect afternoon snackΒ  (it tasted a lot more like dessert!)

For dinner I had leftovers, once again! I had spinach-stuffed chicken which was served with tomato sauce and cheese. I’ll post the recipe later this week if I don’t forget. Broccoli on the side.

And since I had a long night of studying ahead of me I made myself a small bowl of overnight oats with blackberries later that night….scrumptious!

Hope you all have a wonderful, food-filled day πŸ™‚

• Reply Jennifer May 16, 2012 at 6:05 am

Happy WIAW! everything looks tasty. πŸ™‚

• Reply Bec May 16, 2012 at 6:45 am

I actually find blackberries the least appealing berries. But your salad – wow, that looks fantastic! And Lindt chocolate – definitely the best kind!

• Reply Michelle@PeachyPalate May 16, 2012 at 7:44 am

Love fresh blackberries, though nothing better than when you pick them with your own two hands! The apple looks so cool, love the idea!

• Reply Christina May 16, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Everything looks so delicious! I really love your apple and peanut butter!

• Reply Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 16, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Blackberries are a fantastic choice no matter what time of the day it is πŸ™‚ They are just so tasty, fresh, sweet and plump, a favorite fruit of mine! I want to try that apple snack too

• Reply Joann@womaninreallife May 16, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Yummy looking food. And I enjoyed your apple/blackberry joke. Very cute! I too have been enjoying fruit on my greens lately.

• Reply Brittany @Little b's healthy habits May 16, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Yum! I don’t usually eat blackberries but your pictures are quite enticing!

• Reply Jessica May 16, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Blackberries are one of my favorite salad toppers! I’m so glad they are back in season!

• Reply Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles May 16, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Love the way you sliced your apple with pb! I’m partial to blueberries :-), but blackberries are a close second!

• Reply Shelby (everydayvegangirl) May 17, 2012 at 1:58 am

I love this time of year when blackberries are in season. I am an Apple girl too…couldn’t live without my iPhone or MacBook! Just got an iPad and loving that too!

• Reply Healthiful Balance May 18, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Yeah, I’m an Apple girl, too. πŸ™‚ Another thing we have in common!

As always, your eats look fantastic! I love the way you put PB between the apple slices and then piled them up again. Creative idea!
    I love that Lindt chocolate! My all time favorite Lindt chocolate would have to be the 99% or the 85%.