WIAW: emtpty PB jar

May 2, 2012

Hello friends! Welcome to another round of WIAW. It just so happens that I have another exam today so I’ll keep the intro short and snappy! As always thanks to Jenn for throwing the weekly party.

My breakfast was maybe the best part of the day! Isn’t is always? A couple of months ago I bought a jar of peanut butter with an intention in mind. I saw that Kath likes making overnight oats in her empty nut butter jars and I thought it was a fab idea. I specifically bought this jar for the purpose of eating my oats out of it so you can imagine how happy I was when the day I had been waiting for finally arrived.

Very crunchy PB + overnight oats (with berries) = heaven! Polished it all off!

I then studied until noon and went to my power yoga class. My pre-workout snack was a cup of melon.

My post-workout snack was chocolate milk. This has been one of my favorite afternoon snacks lately and has been perfect for when I have a chocolate craving while studying.

Lunch was thrown together quickly. Penne with blanched spinach, cherry tomatoes and some pesto. Garnished with Parmesan, of course!

In the afternoon I had to run into town to buy a new cartridge for  my printer and on the way back I stopped at Prêt à Manger to buy dinner. I’m always glad when dinner is already prepared and no dishes are needed or have to cleaned! I chose the Superfood Salad, hoping that it would activate a couple more brain cells for my exams.

I spent the rest of the evening doing some last minute revision with my friend over the phone. And then went to bed early to watch the newest Gossip Girl episode (which probably deactivated the brain cells again). Wish me luck for my exam!

HAPPY WIAW!

• Reply Bec May 2, 2012 at 5:47 am

I’ve never heard of Pret a Manger before. But wow – what a delicious looking dinner! And no dishes, wow, I wish. I love that. And your lunch – that is my idea of a great pasta salad – yum. Perfect.

• Reply Antonia May 2, 2012 at 5:57 am

Pret is a US/UK healthy fast food chain. They sell sandwiches and salads and it’s pretty delicious. Jenn actually went to one as well (on her WIAW post). I’m keeping things really simple during exams and not having to do dishes makes life so much easier!

• Reply Kammie @ Sensual Appeal May 2, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I need to make some overnight jar oats again. Thanks for the reminder 😉

& Pret a Manger is great.. well I haven’t gone there yet but I know about their vast sustainable intiatives. Did you know they give their food away to the hungry instead of throwing it away?

• Reply Antonia May 2, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I’ve heard that they do that and that they help with lots of good causes. Even more reason to go and support them!

• Reply MassachusEATS May 2, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I finally got around to trying the same thing as you with the PB jar! Loved the convenience and it was a great way to use up every last tasty bite 🙂 Your salad looks amazing too, btw!

• Reply Antonia May 2, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I know…I practically scarfed down the oats because I was so looking forward to the PB! Delicious combination!

• Reply Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 2, 2012 at 7:10 pm

How convenient that I am nearly empty with a trader joes jar of almond butter… overnight oat time, that is FOR SURE 🙂

• Reply Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles May 2, 2012 at 7:19 pm

The cantaloupe looks so yummy! And your pasta lunch looks like a great combo!

• Reply Marisa@TheCollegeCuisiner May 2, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I love Pret’s Superfood salad! I use to get that all the time and they dip their crisps in the hummus! Now I’m hungry for it! And your breakfast looks amazing!

• Reply Jill @ Fitness, Health and Happiness May 3, 2012 at 12:13 am

What a cool idea for overnight oats. Wonder how long it will take to empty my almond butter jar? Your dinner looks delicious!

[Fitness, Health and Happiness]