Breakfast, Family, Food Inspiration, My life

happy birthday

April 28, 2012

Today is my sister’s 25th birthday!!! And since I can’t spend the whole day with her, I thought I’d start the day off in style…with birthday pancakes in honor of the birthday girl!

While it would have made sense to make her  this very delicious breakfast, I was unable to be in London this morning so the partying will have to wait until tonight. I made these pancakes (sans protein powder) and filled/ topped them with raspberry Greek yoghurt. Soooo gooood! And then I garnished them with anything that screams “birthdaaaay”: 2 kinds of sprinkles, gummy bears and the usual (chia seeds and desiccated coconut).

Plans for today include a gym session and a bit of studying before I head to London for celebratory drinks and dinner followed by a round of bowling!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINA!

Have a great weekend everyone!!! I hope the weather is better than here, wherever you are. Well, it can’t really be worse!

• Reply Marina April 28, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Beautiful start of the day! Happy birthday CHRISTINA!

• Reply Healthiful Balance April 29, 2012 at 1:11 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sister! My birthday was on the 28th, too! 😀
    I love that you topped the special pancakes with gummy bears.. so cute!

• Reply Antonia April 29, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Happy Birthday to you too!!!! I’ll take any opportunity to garnish my food with gummy bears and sprinkles even though my older brother made fun of me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Reply Clair April 30, 2012 at 12:53 pm

LOOVE these photos! So many colors!! Festive and fun. Too bad that your sister couldn’t be there to eat them, but it must have been a great gift just to see this post. =)

• Reply Antonia May 1, 2012 at 6:53 am

When she read the post in the morning she actually asked her boyfriend whether she could also have a gummy bear breakfast. I think the would have like the pancakes!

• Reply where not to go for a good spa experience in london May 7, 2012 at 4:01 am

[…] again we were out of luck. I called again in March and wanted to book our treatment for April (my sister’s birthday weekend) and again they were completely booked. The only available option they had was yesterday, […]