WIAW: studying the day away

April 4, 2012

Good morning friends. I’m spending the day in Munich (Germany) with my mom so we had a pretty early start this morning. Luckily Munich is only 2.5 hours away since I’m not the biggest fan of long car rides, especially when there’s nothing to see along the way. I’ll probably be spending the time in the car studying, which is what I’ve been doing for the last 1.5 weeks and will be doing until exams are over on May 21st 🙂 Here are yesterday’s delicious eats! As always, thanks to Jenn for hosting.

My day started with a bowl of scrumptious strawberry oatmeal topped with home-made almond butter. Almond butter isn’t as easy to find in Austria as it is in the UK or the US and since it’s so simple to make I decided to make a jar. It’s delicious 🙂

In the bowl: 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup milk, 2/3 cup water, vanilla extract, about 5 strawberries, 1/2 banana and almond butter.

I sat down to start studying straight after breakfast but just couldn’t concentrate. So after about 2 hours of just sitting around staring at my paper I decided to go for a quick run. My pre-workout snack was an energy bar which I made last week and which is very similar to Lärabar. I’ll post the recipe later this week because they are delicious, natural and only include 5 ingredients.

Lunch was delicious. My mom made my favorite soup: Indonesian vegetable soup. This soup is really nutritious, a great combination of protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats and includes lots of vegetables. It sort of the Indonesian equivalent to chicken noodle soup because of its healing qualities. My mom learned to make this soup when we lived in Indonesia and we’ve loved it ever since!

For dessert I had some biscotti that we bought yesterday.

I was a lot more productive in the afternoon after a filling lunch but hunger hit me again in the late afternoon so I made myself a bowl of granola (which I made last week), with milk and an apple. Kept me going until dinner!

Study hydration: Kombucha!

Dinner was really good. Not only did we have leftovers from lunch but our new pizza stone arrived yesterday so we made pizza for dinner to test our new kitchen gadget. My little brother went for a 60km bike ride in the afternoon so by the time dinner rolled around he was starving and inhaled the pizza. Excuse the very bad picture!

And that’s what I ate yesterday!

Happy WIAW!!!!

• Reply Michelle@PeachyPalate April 4, 2012 at 6:53 am

Indonesian Vegetable Soup looks so good!Definitely one I’ll have to make. Love homemade larabars, less than half the cost and all the pleasure 🙂

• Reply Antonia April 4, 2012 at 7:13 am

Let me know what you think of the soup. Hope you love it as much as I do!!!

• Reply Tessa @ Amazing Asset April 4, 2012 at 10:25 am

Mmm that soup sounds just so tasty and something I know I would enjoy! I am going home this weekend (from my dorm in college- can’t cook here) and am planning to make this!

• Reply Antonia April 4, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Cool! Have a great time at home and let me know what you think of the soup!

• Reply Tracy April 4, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I LOVE Kombucha but I have not had one in ages! And I want that energy bar recipe!

honeyandnutmeg.blogspot.com

• Reply Antonia April 4, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I can’t find kombucha in the UK so when I went shopping with my mom earlier this week it was the first thing I put into the shopping cart. And I’ll post the recipe tomorrow!

• Reply Haley @ Health Freak College Girl April 4, 2012 at 5:49 pm

i want kombucha so bad now! totally craving it. and that biscotti looks amazing

• Reply Antonia April 4, 2012 at 7:28 pm

There’s nothing better than original Italian biscotti!!! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Sara @my less serious life April 5, 2012 at 12:50 am

that granola looks fabulous! what recipe do you use?

• Reply Antonia April 5, 2012 at 5:50 am

Thanks! I have a granola recipe (chunky chocolate honey granola) on my breakfast recipe page, but this particular kind is new. I’ll post the recipe later this week! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Living, Learning, Eating April 6, 2012 at 10:49 am

I miss Germany so bad! I was there this past fall – oh my gosh German muesli is like no other!

• Reply Antonia April 6, 2012 at 11:08 am

Thanks for stopping by! Unfortunately I was only in Munich for a day but I’ll move there this July so I’m pretty excited!