I’ve been experimenting a lot with smoothies lately since I wanted to add as many vitamins as possible to my diet. Even though I am sure I can manage to eat the contents of the smoothie, it’s easier to blend everything up especially when the color turns out to be this…
Don’t be afraid of the bright green color. The first time I had a green smoothie I was reluctant to drink it because the color seemed so intense, but I promise you can’t taste anything green. The smoothie actually tastes sweet thanks to the added fruits.
Generally, you can add anything green you like (e.g. kale) but the I use spinach because I feel that it provides you with lots of nutrients while at the same time not dominating the flavor of the smoothie.
Chocolate Protein Green Smoothie
makes 1 large serving (or 2 smaller servings)
You will need:
- 100ml almond milk (or any other milk you like)
- 75ml water
- 1 apple, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 pear, chopped into smaller pieces
- juice of 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 1/2 banana (can be frozen)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use Sunwarrior)
- 1 tsp. flax + chia seeds
- Blend everything up in a blender and enjoy!
I quite like it when the consistency of the smoothies is a little thicker, but you can obviously add more milk/ water if you’d like it to be more liquid.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!