Yesterday while I was shopping for stationary at one of the stores in town I saw that they had a whole pile of cookbooks that were on sale. Of course, I just had to treat myself to a belated birthday present and bought an amazing cookbook for just 4 pounds….bargain!!!
One of the first recipes that caught my eyes straight away were lettuce wraps filled with mango and crayfish. This was the inspiration for this colorful and deliciously healthy Sweet Chilli Mango Prawn Salad. The prep time is only 10 minutes and it makes a super filling yet extravagant looking lunch or even dinner salad. Enjoy!
Sweet Chilli Mango Prawn Salad on a Spinach Bed
Inspired by Chilli crayfish tails and mango lettuce wraps (seen in Ching’s Fast Food)
For the salad you will need:
- 1 large mango, peeled and cubed
- 200g sugar snap peas, washed
- 2 handful baby spinach, washed
- 150g prawns
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
For the sauce you will need:
- 4 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- freshly squeezed lime juice (1 lime)
- fresh chilli (optional)
- Prepare the sauce first. In a small bowl add the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice pepper and optionally fresh chilli. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat up the olive oil and fry the garlic. Once golden brown add the prawns and fry on both sides for about 4 minutes in total. Set aside.
- Into a serving dish, add the spinach. Cut the snap peas (into 0.5cm long pieces) and add those to the spinach. On top of that add the fresh mango pieces. Carefully mix everything together.
- Add the prawns and before serving drizzle with the sauce.
Have a good weekend!