I know that a lot of you love sweet potatoes in all forms and sizes and mixed in with all kinds of ingredients. Growing up, I can’t remember ever having sweet potatoes and only fell in love with their amazing taste when I started studying in England. Even though sweet potatoes provide you with all kinds of essential nutrients, sometimes it’s good to have “normal” potatoes as well. And let’s not forget that they provide nutrients as well.
I usually prepare potatoes in the oven, add spices and herbs and eat them as a side to meat, mostly! One cool and very creative way of serving potatoes is by cutting them into fans and adding garlic and herbs to create more excitement for the taste buds.
You will need:
- potatoes (about 1-2 potatoes per person)
- olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in thin slices
- herbs: parsley, chives, etc.
(At home we use an amazing organic herb mixture especially prepared for potatoes. It includes onions, parsley, caraway and tumeric.)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and pat them dry.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then cut slits into the top of the potatoes every 5mm. Do not cut all the way down.
- Transfer the potatoes to an oven-proof dish and drizzle with about 3 tbsp. of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and herbs of your choice and add the garlic.
- Bake for about 40 minutes and then serve immediately, optionally with a side of sour cream.