Sounds quite tropical doesn’t it, but rest assured, it’s still winter. It’s probably even colder than it was when I left but I can tolerate another couple of weeks of winter!
I hope no one other than my momma was expecting a blog update yesterday, but I was just too tired from my super-exhausting 1.5-hour flight and 1.5 hour train ride back to Uni. Plus, all I could have shown you is this:
I snapped a couple of pictures as we were leaving the continent and arriving back on the island because the sky was cloudless and I was bored.
I am also back with another Granola recipe. You may know that I love granola. I had to make two batches for my family when I was at home because everyone started snacking on it. The new recipe is a slightly adapted version of the granola recipe I already posted but it’s worth mentioning because it’s sooo good.
You will need:
- 300g oats
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup mixed seeds
- 1/3 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- optional: cranberries, dark chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small pan on medium heat, heat up the water, honey and vanilla extract. Stir and be careful not to burn it. Set aside when the honey has dissolved.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients, except for the coconut (both flakes and desiccated coconut), cranberries and chocolate.
- Pour the honey mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the oat mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for about 35 minutes.
- When the granola is golden brown remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Then add the coconut, cranberries and chocolate.
As you can see I added lots of coconut and an extra spoon or two of seeds ’cause I love some crunch atop of my oats and yoghurt.
Gotta go! I have Skype-date with my mom!