Last night I was in charge of dinner. My mom did the shopping, we brainstormed what I could make together and I turned our plans into actions. Dinner turned out looking fancier than it initially seemed to. We used 3 different salmons (bought at different stores to compare) and added vegetables that we found in the freezer as a side.
I’ve made poached salmon a couple of times before which is probably the quickest way to prepare the fish. But to add a little more flavor and make things look more interesting I decided to marinate the salmon filets with a very lemony marinade.
Salmon with a Very Parsley Lemony Marinade
makes enough to marinate 5 salmon filets
You will need:
- 2 lemons
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed with fresh parsley
- a pinch of thyme
- 1 tbsp. mixed herbs
- 5 salmon filets
- Add the olive oil to a bowl
- Roll out the two lemons to get the juices flowing and squeeze them. Add the juice to a bowl.
- Roughly chop the parsley and add it to the bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper, chilli and add the rest of the herbs according to your personal taste.
- Let the marinade rest for 30-45 minutes before marinating the salmon.
- When ready to marinade the salmon preheat the oven to 180°C. Arrange the salmon into a oven proof dish and marinate with the marinade.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Here’s a little before and after shot:
Have a good day!