Yesterday I made the 11th (and I’m sad to say) final cookie flavor for this year’s cookie collection. We have always made rum balls in the past but they’re not really a family favorite as most people in my family don’t like rum. But being the good sister that I am, I made these especially for my older brother Alex, who I know doesn’t mind the taste of rum that much…..so he better appreciate my effort! I also included lots of nuts (healthy fat) to make up for the unhealthy fat from the chocolate and cream.
makes about 50 rum balls
You will need:
- 1/8 l cream
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g grated nuts (walnuts or hazelnuts)
- 4 cl rum
- desiccated coconut
- chocolate sprinkles
- In a pan, heat up the cream and wait for it to boil. Then turn down the heat.
- Add the chocolate and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Then add the nuts and rum. Mix well.
- Let the mixture cool for a couple of minutes. It should then have the perfect consistency to form small balls.
- After forming the balls roll them in chocolate sprinkles or desiccated coconut.
- Store in an airtight container.