This morning getting out of bed was easy because I knew that something special was waiting to be opened:
…My advent calendar my mum sent me! I know I’m almost 22 but I think I’ll never be too old to have an advent calendar. Even my sister, who by the way is almost 25, still asks my mum for an advent calendar every year…so this should give you an idea of how much we love our Christmas traditions in our family.
In honor of the beginning of my favorite month, I decided to whip up a special breakfast, nothing too fancy but still very good: I made Piña Colada Oatmeal (non-alcoholic, of course!).
Piña Colada Oatmeal
For 1 serving you will need:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana (optional), sliced
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- dried pineapple, mango and coconut flakes
- In a pot on medium heat, add the water, milk, oats, vanilla extract, sugar and stir well.
- After 2-3 minutes add the cinnamon. Stir.
- Once the oatmeal begins to thicken add 1 tbsp. of shredded coconut. Sit again.
- Once the oatmeal has the right consistency pour it into a bowl and add another tbsp. of shredded coconut.
- Top the oatmeal off with dried pineapple, mango and coconut flakes.
If you really feel the need to spike up your oatmeal and start your day off with 1/2 a shot of rum, I’d add it somewhere between step 3 and 4 before the consistency gets too thick, however I cannot guarantee how good it will taste.
Can’t wait to have this fella for dessert later!
Hope you all enjoy your first December day!