Look at what my lovely parents sent me: Christmas in a Box!
Christmas essentials, which includes an Advent calendar, delicious chocolate, Austrian Gingerbread and some beautiful decorations. Now it feels just right to listen to Christmas music!
But let’s turn to the food:
Today I was craving some pasta. I decided to be adventurous and tried making pumpkin sauce to go with it. It turned out having a lovely smooth consistency and the flavor really complemented the Parmesan. I added some Italian herbs, mainly for some extra color but it really did enhance the taste. Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think!
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
For 2 portions you will need:
- 180-200g pasta
- 1 can pumpkin puree (400g)
- 1/2 onion, cut
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
- Italian herbs
- salt, pepper, cinnamon
- Begin by cooking your pasta. Once al dente, strain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the onion. Fry for 2-3 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the pumpkin puree and stir well. Add 1 tbsp. of Greek Yoghurt to enhance the creaminess of the sauce. Season with herbs, salt and pepper. Add a little cinnamon at the end for some extra Christmas spice.
- Mix the sauce into the pasta and stir well. Let the flavors combine for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with some freshly grated Parmesan.
If you feel that the sauce is too thick, you can add 1/4 cup of vegetable stock to the sauce before mixing it together with the pasta.
Hope you all have a great weekend!